Crazy Wet-Stenciled 100 Acts of Sewing Long Shorts




This summer friends and I played around with stencils, paint, and wet-stenciling. You can read more about that lovely summer day here. I went a little crazy with color and mixing stencils and wound up with this festive piece of fabric.




For some reason it reminded me of my son, as something he might get a kick out of. On his birthday I presented the fabric to him and asked what he'd like me to make him ~ a crazy quilt, lap throw, pillow, t-shirt or a pair of long shorts. He chose the long shorts. I had made these pants a while ago with Sonya Philips 100 Acts of Sewing, Pants number 1 pattern




He tried them on for sizing, and they were just right! Off I went to cut out this single layered pair of pants, and hand stitched it up, using a 1/4" felled seam. I opted to make a drawstring waist instead of using elastic.






I left the hem raw to add to the funky vibe of these lounge-around pants. I hope he enjoys them, and finds them as soft and comfortable as I do my more tame version. 








No comments