Alabama Chanin Factory Tank



Planning ahead a couple years ago, I purchased a large quantity of Alabama Chanin 100% organic cotton jersey in Carmine and Apple. I was going to use it for a tea towel class, but the class was cancelled. So even though I'm not a huge wearer of red, I thought I'd make use of my stash and stitch up a few garments.

The Alabama Chanin Factory dress is one of my favorites, so I've been dying to try the Factory tank. A girl can always use a new tank; right? The princess seams are very feminine and pretty.





The hem flares slightly, but is not too voluminous.




I'm glad I tried it. The fit is very nice, flattering, and comfortable. I made the basic version, no embellishment, to make sure the fit was good. I modified the neckline into a V.




To add depth of color, I utilized scraps I had in Ruby for the trim. I secured the binding using the herringbone stitch with burgundy thread. The seams are outward, felled.





This top sewed up in no time flat! I'm sure to be making more of the Alabama Chanin Factory Tank tops in the future.









No comments