Gift giving

Gift giving~

'Tis the season for gift giving, and I'm so happy that I've finished a few gifts and will soon pack them up and post them off to their new homes!


The first is a sweet little basic Alabama Chanin skirt in slate with a pale blue waistband. Can you see that I modified the hemline a wee bit? There's a tiny dip in the back, just a splash of sass. This is a single thickness, so it will be nice in the summertime; or it can be layered up with some tights, boots and a sweater for winter wear.





Birthday girls can always use a new bauble, so I put together this necklace of tanzanite, garnet, and a little wishbone for an extra dose of good luck for the coming year. Happy Birthday, Gina!




Next up are a couple of tea towels. They are natural with peacock, in the bloomers stencil. My Aunt is in need of some new kitchen supplies, so I think these just might come in handy.



Last but not least is a table runner from my last class. The colorway is burgundy and carmine, in the bloomers stencil. I will put an "Open me Now" note on this package as it will bring lots of cheer to the Christmas table. After the Holidays, this table runner is the perfect size to double as a shawl/scarf! It will be a happy splash of color to brighten up a cold winters day.

I've really enjoyed making all of these gifts. I know each of the recipients will also enjoy knowing that they were lovingly hand made, just for them. I may not be able to see all these dear people for the Holidays, but I'll be sending a little bit of me to them.

Are you working on some special holiday gifts? I'd love to see what you're doing.



No comments