Thanksgiving Tradition



A few decades ago my mother began the tradition of adorning each place setting at our Thanksgiving table with an extra special Christmas ornament. This year I am continuing that tradition by making each guest their own ornament to take home.




We have an abundance of lichen covered branches, pine cones, interesting grasses and twigs to forage on our ranch. Add to that beautiful ribbons, miniature deer and woodland creatures, raw cotton, and perhaps just a touch of sparkle with frosty glitter and crystals. 




I don't know what is more enjoyable, making these sweet gifts or giving them!




Here they are. By using mostly found objects and what's in my stash, they were very inexpensive.










With glue gun in hand, I think you'll find they're very simple to make if you feel the urge. 




Another family member couldn't help but having a go.




They are quite fragile, so I've found some little boxes to store them in.




I hope you and yours had a most enjoyable and thankful Thanksgiving.




No comments